What You need to Know about air fryer recipes cooks essentials? Fried foods are the ultimate comfort foods. But with recent studies linking greasy foods to heart attacks, obesity, and diabetes, many are now staying away from enjoying them completely. However, completely avoiding fried foods can be difficult especially if you love munching these little snacks. Now, you don’t have to worry because you can always enjoy your favorite fried foods without the need to use any grease. How? Through air frying, of course! Air frying has become the latest craze in making greasy comfort foods healthier. It is done in a kitchen appliance an air fryer that cooks food by circulating hot air of up to 0 390 degrees Fahrenheit (2000 Celsius) at high speed around it to create a crispy layer much like you are cooking with oil. Health conscious people who still don’t want to give up their favorite fried foods can take advantage of air fryer-ed foods.
The Benefits of Air Fryer Recipes Cooks Essentials:
Besides providing us comfort and satisfaction, eating fried foods provide little benefits. But with an air fryer, anyone can whip up healthy and satisfying foods minus any guilt. There are many benefits of air frying your food instead of cooking them in a conventional deep fryer. Below are the benefits of why you should air fry your foods more often.
- Versatile: An air fryer is not only a fryer thus you can use it to cook different types of foods. You can use it to bake bread, make popcorn or even make roasted vegetables.
- Cost effective: Since you don’t use any oil in cooking your food, you can save a lot of money from buying cooking oil.
- Easy to cook: Never mind if you are a kitchen novice. Since air fryers are digital, it requires less skill so you can cook delicious dishes even if you are not good at cooking.
- Fewer calories: Since you do not add any oil to cook your food compared to traditional frying methods, you don’t add a few calories to cook your food. Remember that a cup of oil is already equivalent to 800 calories alone so deep frying increases the caloric value of your food to a dangerously high level.
The thing is that there are many benefits of air frying and if you decide to make a simple change in your diet by only eating fried foods that are cooked in an air fryer, you will be able to enjoy a healthier and more convenient life.
Best Practices When Air Frying
While it is easy to use an air fryer, using it for the first time can present some challenges. But this should not scare you from air frying your foods. After all, you get more health benefits than actual frying your food in oil. Below are the best practices and tips that you can do to successfully air fry your favorite foods.
- Shake the basket: To distribute the ingredients within the basket, you can shake the basket a few times while cooking.
- Spray a little amount of oil: If you are not satisfied with how brown your food is, you can spray oil halfway through the cooking process. Make sure that you spray the food lightly and not lather it with oil. Preheat the air fryer before you place your food inside: Just like cooking in an oven, you need to preheat your air fryer so that your food will cook properly. Turn the air fryer on and preheat for at least three minutes.
- Never put too many foods inside the basket: While it is very tempting to cook more food at a time, overcrowding your air fryer prevents the hot air from circulating properly within the fryer thus you end up with food that is not evenly brown or crispy.
- Add water to the air fryer drawer: If you are cooking greasy foods, add water to the air fryer drawer located under the basket. This prevents the grease from getting too hot and causing it to smoke.
- Hold your food properly: Since air fryers have strong fans that can blow off light food particles, secure them in place using toothpicks. If food gets stuck on the fan or the heating element of the fryer, they might get burned and will cause smoke to form during the cooking process. Flip your food: Halfway through the cooking time, flip your food over just as you would when cooking on a grill. This will ensure that the food will brown evenly on all sides.
- Press the breading on your food firmly: An air fryer has a strong fan that can blow off parts of your food thus if you are putting breading on your food, make sure that you press it firmly to help it stay in place while you are cooking. • Use oven-safe accessories: When cooking with an air fryer, use oven-safe accessories like small baking pans or tins where you can place your food. Oven-safe accessories can withstand extremely high temperatures, so they don’t get damaged once you are cooking your food.
Air Fryer Accessories Advantages
Air fryer accessories come in different shapes and functions. Air fryer accessories can take your air fryer into the next level as you can prepare all kinds of foods aside from frying them. There are many types of air fryer accessories that you can get, and they will help you create meals that you would never think possible that you can make in an air fryer. These include baked goodies, grilled, and even barbecued meats.
So, here is a quick list and description of each air fryer accessory available in the market. It also includes how to use it and when best to use it.
Skewers on Double Layer Rack
The double layer rack accessory allows you to maximize the cooking space within the fryer. You can bake, fry, or grill fish, chicken, pork, or beef on the bottom rack while cook another type of food on the upper rack such as burgers and sausages. This accessory also comes with 4 skewers so that you can make kabobs, meat on skewers, and grill.
All there is to it is to put all the food on the rack and slide the entire thing rack, food, and all and cook according to cooking instructions. This is a great accessory for expanding the usefulness of your air fryer and also in making combos at a lesser amount of time. You will be surprised by how much food will fit in your air flyer using this accessory.
The rack is dishwasher safe thus cleanup is a breeze as it is dishwasher-friendly. It is also compatible with most air fryer models but makes sure that you ask the store where you are buying it if it is compatible with the brand and model of air fryer that you have.
The grill pan comes with a rapid air technology design thanks to the perforated surface that makes it ideal for the air to flow throughout the food while grilling. Air fryers are not only good for flying food without oil. Use the air fryer grill pan accessory so that you can make perfectly grilled fish, meat, and vegetables.
It is not only used for grilling but also searing and browning foods. Since the grill pan is placed at the bottom of the air fryer, it comes with an Easy Click removable handle so that you can place the grill pan in the air fryer or take them out to be cleaned. ‘The perforations on the surface of the grill pan also allow the extra fat to drip away so that you can make the perfectly grilled surface on the meat.
Moreover, the surface of the grill pan is non-stick so that you can easily remove the food from the pan easily. It also has a very large enough surface so that you can grill a big steak fish, a whole fillet of fish, and a generous amount of vegetables.
The air fryer baking dish or pan does not only help you cook baked goodies such as cakes and bread, but you can also cook quiche, lasagna, shepherd’s pie, and other deep-dish recipes that you usually cook in an oven. It comes with a non-stick surface thus clean-up is really easy as it is also dishwasher safe. The non-stick surface also ensures that you can easily take out your food, so you get perfect results all the time.
The air flyer baking dish allows you to use your air fryer as an oven to bake cakes, muffins, and bread. The baking dish While some people use heat-proof dishes for their air fryers, using the right baking dish for your air fryer ensures that you can cook your recipes properly as they are designed to ensure that proper air flow is distributed within the air fryer to evenly cook the food.
As there are so many brands of air flyers available in the market, it is important to choose an air fryer accessory that will be compatible with your air fryer. Thus, it is crucial to check with the store whether the air fryer accessory that you want to buy is compatible with the brand and model of the air flyer that you have.
Tips on Cleaning
Cleaning the air fryer is easy and it does not require you to do a lot of complicated tasks. The first thing that you need to do is to unplug the air fryer before cleaning to prevent electrocution. The basket is dishwasher-friendly, so you can take it out from the fryer’s chamber and clean them in the sink or in the dishwasher.
Once you remove the fryer basket, give extra attention to the base of the fryer where most of the drippings from the food have collected and dried. Make sure that you remove the browning that has accumulated at the base as this can lead to burning in future cooking.
You can remove the browning by spraying it with warm soapy water and allowing it to soak for at least an hour. This will soften the browning, so you can easily wipe it clean. Aside from taking care of the inside of the air fryer, it is also important to clean the exterior using a warm moist cloth.